Calling All Cumbrian Young Photographers
Levens Hall is looking to appoint a Photographer-in-Residence for the 2017 season.
We are searching for a talented young amateur photographer, aged 13-25 and living in Cumbria, to capture the essence of a country estate. The winning applicant will have their work displayed at Levens Hall throughout the 2017 season (April-October) and prints will be on sale to our visitors. The photographs must be taken on the Estate and have a theme, for example portraits of our farmers, behind the scenes in the topiary garden, animals in Levens Park etc.
In addition, the winner will take home a £150 photography equipment voucher.
All applicants will be required to submit six examples of their work, as well as a covering letter introducing themselves, telling us about their love of photography, along with a few thoughts about the likely theme(s) of their work (maximum 200 words).
Terms and Conditions apply, please see below.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 14 November 2016
Terms and Conditions
- The Estate will not enter into any discussion about the results of the Competition
- The Estate will pay travel expenses from the appointed photographer-in-residence’s home to any part of the Estate up to a maximum of £100 in total.
- Exhibition costs will be covered by Levens Hall Estate.
- All photographs displayed will remain the property of Levens Hall.
- Photographs will be sold by Levens Hall. The photographer’s commission is negotiable.
- If the photographer-in-residence is under 18 years old, they will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult whilst visiting any part of the Levens Hall Estate.
- All photographs must be taken by the resident photographer and no one else.